Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Last Friday Night

Friday Night Update-

I don't quite know where to begin. First I guess I'll share the recipe I made because it was delicious. One of my favorite kinds of recipes are ones that only have a few ingredients, and the recipe is even better if I already have the ingredients on hand!

Look at that piece of meat!
I made Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin and now that I think about it it is a pretty suggestive dish if you catch my drift! Just leave out the pork and it sounds like some sticky, sexy pet name. Wait. Now that I think about it it is even better when you leave in the pork reference. Oh geezzzzz.

Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin

4 tbs butter
2 tbs honey
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an ovenproof pot, heat butter and honey over medium heat until melted.  Sprinkle  pork tenderloin with Cajun seasoning and black pepper.  Brown each side for 5 minutes.  

Place pan in oven and roast for 7 - 10 minutes.  Transfer the pork to a plate covered with foil to rest. Add water to pan and stir over medium heat.  Simmer until sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup.  Slice pork on the diagonal and drizzle sauce over top to serve.

I really like making pork tenderloin because I find it pretty simple to make and it is so moist and delicious. But you have to be careful and not let it cook for too long or else it will be anything but moist and delicious.

So after I dinner going and curled my hair and donned my dress the man came home. And he was so cute he didn't want to see me till he was dressed too. So he snuck into the bedroom to change.

A little while later I hear a knock at our bedroom door. With a smirk on my face I open the door to my date for the evening. I swear he read my post of Friday. Except he stays far away from here. He doesn't even want to know the address... so how did he know that I love that moment so much?  There is my man in a button-down and tie looking at me in my slinky black number.

Mission Accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe sounds so delicious and easy! I am definitely going to make it next week!

    ReplyDelete