Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fun Popcorn Treat

My late night snack of choice right now is homemade popcorn! It's so easy and quick to do- you should try it!

The thing is you need A LOT of ingredients...

1. Corn Kernels
2. Olive Oil
3. Salt

I hope you have all of those things. Well you may need to buy the kernels. I didn't always have those on hand, but still I hope you can handle the rest of them :)


First pour about two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan (Use a pan with a lid. You will thank me later). Let that heat up for a minute or so. Not too long or else it will burn and not be tasty anymore.


Then measure the kernels. I usually use 1/4 cup for the boyfriend and me. 


Then toss them in the pan. Be sure to mix those babies around so that the oil has coated each kernel.


Have you ever done Jiffy Pop? You know that shake-shake, back and forth motion that you use to cook the Jiffy Pop over the fire? Well I use the same shake-shake, back and forth motion when making my popcorn.


In this post I make it look like the kernels instantly pop. But they don't. It's more like after a minute or so of the shaking off and on...


But then... they just take off!


 Love the motion in these shots! (I really need to use a proper camera. I'm sorry about the photo quality...)

Then after few minutes or so (maybe I should time this process next time) you are ready to pour your delicious fresh, pretty healthy, popcorn into your holding receptacle of choice. I like bowls.


Add your salt right away while the popcorn is still hot. It will stick better and be tastier that way. I also like to pour half of the popcorn in the bowl, then set the pan down and sprinkle salt on the half in the bowl, then add the remaining popcorn to the bowl and salt the top. I find that there is more even saltage that way. Even salt distribution if you will.

I hope you enjoy this treat as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment